If you were in a wreck and someone else caused it, you can file a claim to obtain compensation for your damages. Your damages can include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Renton personal injury lawyer Max Meyers is the one to turn to if you have been in an accident. He has almost two decades of experience in the legal field and has dedicated his life to recovering compensation for injured Washingtonians. His wife, Shelly, is a licensed insurance agent and knows how the other side operates.
To schedule a free consultation with Max Meyers Law, PLLC, call us today: 425-399-7000.
Can I file a motor vehicle accident claim?
Yes, you can file a motor vehicle accident claim if your injuries resulted from another person's negligence. To do so, we must prove that someone else:
- Had a duty of care to you. A duty of care is an obligation to behave in such a way that you do not wrongfully cause harm to another. For example, a driver has a duty of care to maintain a proper lookout and pay attention to the road ahead.
- Was negligent (i.e., does not live up to the duty of care). If a person was texting while driving, he violated his duty of care. We can subpoena phone records and obtain eyewitness testimony to prove this element.
- The driver’s negligence caused your injuries. If he crashed into you because he was texting and you suffered injuries in the crash, his negligence caused your injuries. Connecting the negligence to your injuries can be a contested area in your claim. The negligent driver may claim you had pre-existing injuries or that your injuries were unrelated to the accident. We may use medical experts to establish the link between the accident and your injuries.
- You sustained damages, e.g., medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, etc.
What kinds of accident cases does Max Meyers Law handle?
Max only handles specific types of personal injury cases, so he can give his full attention and stay up-to-date on all laws that might affect his clients. Max represents injured Renton residents in:
- Car accidents: In 2016, 2,599 motor vehicle drivers were involved in crashes in Renton, reports the Washington State Department of Transportation. Six of these were fatal. Approximately 1,000 of these accidents involved injuries. If you or a loved one is involved in a car accident, we will help you file your claim, gather evidence, negotiate with the insurer, and ensure your settlement covers everything you lost.
- Truck accidents: Over 100 motor vehicle drivers were involved in crashes with large trucks. Thankfully, none of these were fatal. Truck accident cases are often highly complex because your liable party is usually the trucking company. Max will stand up for you against the trucking company and gather any necessary evidence before the company has a chance to destroy it.
- Motorcycle accidents: There were 32 motorcycle accidents in Renton in 2016. Two of these were fatal, and four involved suspected severe injury. Motorcyclists must overcome strong biases against them in accident claims. Max Meyers will work to prove that you were not the at-fault party and that you were obeying all laws at the time of the collision.
- Bicycle accidents: There were 14 bicycle vs. motor vehicle crashes in 2016. While most of these involved minor injuries, bicycle crashes are all too often catastrophic or fatal. Max will fight to recover what your bicycle accident took from you and allow you to heal from your injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents: Sixty-two crashes in Renton involved pedestrians and motor vehicles in 2016. One of these was fatal, and eight involved suspected serious injuries. If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a pedestrian accident in Renton, Max will investigate how the accident occurred and defend you against any accusations of fault.
How do I prove the other driver caused the wreck?
This is where Max's experience is so important. He may retrieve police reports, visit the accident site, collect evidence of the scene (e.g., photos, surveillance video), and contact eyewitnesses.
But his legwork is not yet over. He will use the available evidence and the resources at his disposal to build your case.
- Sometimes this involves working with accident reconstruction experts.
- He might subpoena phone records to prove the other driver was talking or texting on the phone before the accident.
- When available, he might subpoena security camera footage to establish what happened before the crash.
How Max approaches your case depends on the unique circumstances of your accident and injury; however, rest assured, Max will collect the resources he needs to prove fault and liability.
How much is my motor vehicle accident settlement worth?
Each case has a different value and depends on the amount of your medical expenses, as well as lost wages, benefits, and earning capacity. Lingering medical issues, disability, and disfigurement are key factors in the valuation of your case.
In addition to using medical experts to connect the dots between the accident and your injuries, we might also use economic experts to establish your lost wages and future lost earnings. We collect, analyze, and organize relevant documents and other evidence to establish the physical, emotional, and financial impact of your injuries.
We also make sure your claim includes noneconomic damages, which compensates you for the physical and emotional pain and suffering you suffer because of your injuries and the accident.
What should I do after an accident in Renton?
After you have legally and safely left the scene, you should protect your health and your claim by following these steps:
- Seek medical care. The local hospital in Renton is UW Valley Medical Center, located at 400 S. 3rd St., Renton, WA 98005-5010. There are also walk-in clinics and urgent care centers in the area.
- Notify your insurance company, but do not make any admissions of guilt or fault.
- Do not sign anything or give a recorded statement before talking with Max.
- Talk with Renton accident injury lawyer, Max Meyers, to protect your right to compensation.
Call Max Meyers if You Were in an Accident in Renton
Motor vehicle wrecks occur across Renton every year. The city’s most dangerous roads seem to depend on the type of road user you are. Pedestrian accidents scattered all around the city in 2016, but there were six pedestrian accidents along SR-900 (Sunset Boulevard and NE Park Drive). Ten motorcyclist injury crashes happened on I-405, while the vast majority of truck accidents also took place on I-405.
Whatever the circumstances of your accident, Max Meyers will gather the evidence needed to build your case. He will talk with you about the impact of your injuries on your health and finances. Max will deal directly with the insurance company so you do not have to. He will work to get you all the compensation you deserve. Call Max Meyers Law, PLLC today at 425-399-7000 to set up your no-obligation, free consultation.