Tacoma is among the largest cities in Washington state. While Tacoma is known for its vibrant urban center, the City of Destiny has some of the highest accident rates in the Pacific Northwest. When accidents happen, the consequences can be devastating. Oftentimes, the costs of an unexpected car crash, bicycle collision, or dog attack are overwhelming, driving otherwise financially stable families to the brink of bankruptcy.
However, Tacoma accident victims may have options beyond insolvency. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Tacoma accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to significant compensation through an insurance settlement or personal injury lawsuit. For years, Max Meyers Law has remained committed to aggressively upholding the rights of accident victims throughout the Seattle-Tacoma metropolitan area. We firmly believe that nobody should be forced to pay the price for another person’s mistake or misconduct. Please fill out the contact form on this page or call us at 425-324-3470 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation as soon as possible.
Important Tacoma-Area Accident Statistics
Tacoma is an anchor of the Seattle-Tacoma metropolitan region. Bisected by Interstate 5, among the busiest federal highways in the Western United States, Tacoma connects cities as distant as San Diego and Sacramento with Seattle.
Unfortunately, Tacoma’s busy roads correlate with higher-than-normal accident rates. According to statistics compiled by the city’s Vision Zero project:
- Seventy-three motorists were killed or critically injured on Tacoma city streets in 2016.
- Eighty-one motorists were killed or critically injured on Tacoma city streets in 2017.
- Seventy-seven motorists were killed or critically injured on Tacoma city streets in 2018.
Each year, thousands of other Tacoma-area motorists are injured in accidents both within the city and on adjacent roadways. A not-insignificant percentage of automobile accidents involve cyclists and pedestrians, who generally have a higher risk of sustaining serious and potentially life-threatening injuries.
How Max Meyers Law Helps Tacoma Residents Fight for Their Rights
Max Meyers Law represents Tacoma-area motorists who have been injured in:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Semi-truck collisions
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- School bus crashes, playground negligence incidents, and other child injury-related accidents
- Dog attacks
- Wrongful death incidents
Under Washington state law, accident victims have the right to take legal action against the person or parties who caused their injuries.
Since the Evergreen State does not currently cap the damages available to personal injury plaintiffs, you could secure as much compensation as you need to begin the difficult task of rebuilding your life and reclaiming your independence after a tragic Tacoma accident.
Protecting Your Rights to a legal Recovery After a Tacoma Personal Injury Accident
Wrongdoers are often reluctant to admit to their misconduct.
Even if a negligent motorist or reckless semi-truck driver does not have their own attorney, their insurance company almost certainly does. In many cases, automobile insurers have their own in-house lawyers who do nothing except work to disprove and devalue good-faith accident claims.
Insurance companies, after all, are fundamentally for-profit enterprises: when they offer an accident victim a fair and equitable settlement, they lose money. Even if you have a seemingly open-and-shut claim, the insurance adjuster may employ strategies intended to prove that your own misconduct caused or contributed to the accident.
However, you do not have to accept the insurance company’s potentially underhanded tactics. You should protect your rights to a legal recovery by:
- Calling 9-1-1 or the Tacoma Police Department to report any accident resulting in significant property damage, bodily injury, or death.
- Seeking immediate medical care, even if you do not believe that you have been seriously injured.
- Collecting evidence from the accident site, such as photographs of any apparent property damage, pictures of your visible injuries, and a record of the dangerous condition that caused your accident.
- Speaking to potential eyewitnesses and asking them for their full name, phone number, and other contact information.
- Contacting an experienced Tacoma personal injury attorney.
While most people know that hiring an attorney is often the key to winning a personal injury claim, far too many accident victims mistakenly believe that high-quality legal representation comes at an impossibly high cost.
However, hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer does not have to be expensive. In fact, you may not have to pay anything to resolve your claim.
Why Max Meyers Law Offers 100% Free Consultations and No-Cost Legal Representation
Max Meyers Law believes that every accident victim deserves the opportunity to obtain justice, which is why we:
Provide Easy-to-Access Digital Resources
Offer 100% Free Consultations
During your free initial consultation, you will have the chance to speak with an attorney, explain the circumstances of your Tacoma-area accident, and discuss your potential compensation.
Accept Cases on a Strict Contingency Fee Basis
We understand that most accident victims are not in a position to fund a personal injury lawsuit, so we only take payment as a percentage of your eventual settlement. If we cannot secure the compensation you need and the justice you deserve, we do not get paid, and we will not bill you for our legal services.
Your Potential Damages After an Unexpected Seattle-Tacoma Metropolitan Area Accident
Accident victims could be entitled to the following damages:
- Economic damages. Economic damages are the objective, tangible, and verifiable financial losses related to an accident. Your economic damages could include compensation for your medical expenses or lost income from work.
- Non-economic damages. Non-economic damages are the subjective and intangible losses related to an accident. Your non-economic damages could include compensation for emotional pain and suffering, and disfigurement.
Under certain limited circumstances, the court may award punitive damages, which are intended to punish especially negligent wrongdoers.
Max Meyers Law can help you secure damages for your economic and non-economic damages, which could include:
- Your past, present, and anticipated medical expenses
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescription medication co-pays
- Assisted living facilities or in-home care
- Lost income from work
- Exhausted vacation days or paid time off (PTO)
- Diminished earning potential
- Partial or total disability
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment
- Wrongful death
The Evergreen State does not currently cap or limit the economic and non-economic damages available to most personal injury plaintiffs. However, Washington does have a strict statute of limitations. If you wait too long to contact an attorney, the statute of limitations could lapse, forcing the court to automatically dismiss your compelling claim without further consideration.
Have You Been Injured in a Tacoma Accident? Schedule a Free Consultation
When you work with Max Meyers Law, money is never an obstacle. Please send us a message online or call us at 425-428-6052 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation as soon as possible.