Hiring a Washington Truck Accident Lawyer
Fortunately, Seattle-area auto crash victims can get skilled representation at a price anyone can afford.
Max Meyers Law Knows You Can Afford an Experienced Attorney
People often make the mistake of thinking that experienced personal injury attorneys charge massive amounts of money for their services. However, Max Meyers Law is not like other law firms. While we do have years of experience advocating for semi-truck accident victims across the state, we work exclusively on what is called a “contingency fee” basis.
Attorneys who operate on a contingency fee basis do not charge their clients any money up-front. Instead, we only accept payment as a percentage of your eventual settlement. If we cannot win your case, we do not get paid—period.
The Benefits of Working With a Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
Every semi-truck accident case is different. Max Meyers Law could help you win yours by:
- Investigating the causes of your wreck. Even if you have a seemingly open-and-shut case, the court will still expect that you have the evidence needed to show that the semi-truck driver, or their employer, was responsible for your accident. While this might not seem challenging, transportation logistics companies often have dedicated attorneys who do nothing except fight accident claims. Even if the company does not have its own counsel, its insurance company almost certainly does. A lawyer could help you review the driver’s safety history, subpoena the company’s violation records, and analyze any crash-site evidence needed to demonstrate that fault.
- Identifying the right defendants. Semi-truck accident cases are very different from ordinary car crash claims. Oftentimes, 18-wheeler collisions involve multiple defendants, such as the semi-truck driver, the trucking company, or even the truck manufacturer.
- Preserving your evidence. A semi-truck accident attorney could help you obtain and protect the evidence needed to win your case. For example, we could petition the court to compel the trucking company to preserve the internal documents, correspondences, and records relevant to your case.
- Consulting experts. Recovering from a semi-truck crash can take time. If you sustained particularly severe injuries, you might not be able to return to your pre-accident condition in a matter of weeks, months, or even years. Max Meyers Law could refer you to medical specialists who can help assess your long-term care needs, allowing us to negotiate a settlement that covers damages beyond your existing hospital bills.
- Negotiating a comprehensive settlement. Negotiating a holistic settlement can be difficult. While the insurance adjuster might feel some sympathy for your injuries, their ultimate loyalties lie with their employer. Since insurance companies are for-profit businesses, it is rarely in their best interest to provide an accident victim with the largest permissible settlement. A Seattle-area semi-truck accident attorney could help you protect your rights to a fair recovery by aggressively advocating for your best interests.